Historical Society of  the Phoenixville Area

204 Church Street, Phoenixville, PA 19460

hspa@verizon.net   610-935-7646

www.hspa-pa.org   or   www.phoenixvillehistoricalsociety.org


Phoenixville Architecture


Please click here to view two articles with illustrations about Phoenixville's old buildings written by Miriam Clegg.

A 1902 photo of the Colonal Theater (1983.30.2-18)


Friends Meeting House at the Corner Stores (1985.115.3W-3)


Photo of the Central Lutheran Church, now the home of the Society (1986.26.1W-3)


Boro-Line Auto Sales that was at the current Giant, Sears & K-Mart Shopping Plaza on Nutt Road (1988.273.4W-16a)


Phoenix Hook Hose & Ladder Co. No. 1 (1989.215.15W-6)


Original Farmers & Mechanics National Bank, now a Wells Fargo Bank (1996.109.3W-11)


Rialto Theater (1990.103.2W-18)


Benjamin Hardware Co., 205 Bridge Street (1999.229.20W-16)


Phoenix Hook Hose & Ladder Co. No. 1 (1999.229.37W-6)


Original Daily Republican and Print Shop, now apartments (2004.63.228W-11)


Old Phoenixville Borough Hall (2005.110.1W-11)


Chester Springs Studio (2009.55.4W-18)


Click to return to Top of Page